Set in the midst of an idyllic rural landscape where fireflies dance in season, this accommodation is available to a single group per night. Ukiha Kojio no Akari Honkan
From late May to early June, countless fireflies dance around this quaint cottage
set on the banks of a stream in the mountains of the Kojio district.
Surrounded by beautiful fields, accommodation is limited to one group per day.
It’s the perfect base from which to explore the sights and culinary delights of Ukiha.
Set in the midst of an idyllic rural landscape
where fireflies dance in season,
this accommodation is available
to a single group per night.
A large veranda extends out from the expansive windows that offer a sense of openness and freedom.
Beyond that lies the beautiful mountain scenery of Kojio,
a magical view that can also be enjoyed from the jacuzzi.
The open plan design, with kitchen, dining room,
living room and tatami room, is spacious enough to be enjoyed by couples, a family,
or even larger groups.
Access to the
Ukiha Kojio no Akari
Ukiha Kojio no Akari2158-2 Kojio, Ukiha-cho, Ukiha-shi, Fukuoka 839-1412
to Accommodation READ MORE
- Facilities READ MORE
- Price READ MORE
- Food READ MORE
- Accommodation Plans VIEW DETAIL
From Reservation to Accommodation
Click on Accommodation Plans (Ukiha Kojio-no-Akari) to make a booking. Payment can be made by credit card or cash on site. After your reservation has been confirmed we will send you information about parking and how to enter the building.
* Please reserve your accommodation at least 3 days before your desired date.
* Reservations can also be made by phone. Please contact us at 0120-502-076 between 10:00 and 17:00.
Check-in is from 14:00. Please be sure to fill in a Customer Card at that time.
* Please note that the entrance to the parking lot is rather steep. Please take extra care when parking as there is a cliff on the south side of the parking lot!
* The property is located at an altitude of about 140 m and it gets quite cold in winter. Please make sure that your car has winter tires and please also carry chains in case it snows or the roads freeze.
There is no curfew as we only cater to one group per day. Please enjoy yourselves and have a relaxing time.
Please read the Terms of Service for further details.
* Please be careful when watching fireflies as the bank of the Kojio River is a cliff!
- Check out
Please check out by 10:00.
Please clean up any garbage and any equipment and/or tableware that you may have used.
We only accept bookings for one group per day, so when you make a reservation you are booking the entire building. That means that you can enjoy yourself at your own pace from check-in to check-out. There is no curfew during your stay and you are free to come and go as you please. You will find the key in the key box. The wooden flooring is made of hinoki. It has a wonderful smell and you can enjoy the texture in socks or bare feet.
- Electric rice cooker
- Electric pot
- Tableware (for 10 people)
- Desktop IH stove
- Large refrigerator
- Microwave oven
- fan (summer)
- Green tea
- Drip coffee
- Instant miso soup (Amano Foods)
- Pot, chopsticks, tea bowl, plate, cup, spoon, fork, kitchenette, Cutting board, tongs, stopper, wine opener
- Sugar, salt, soy sauce, cooking oil, salt and pepper
- 85-inch 4K LCD TV (YouTube / Netflix available)
- DVD, Blu-ray
- Soundbar / Home theater system (Karaoke / Screen mirroring / Bluetooth / PC connection)
- CD player
- yogibo (bean bag)
- Outdoor facility
- Spacious wood deck (with roof)
- Wood deck night lighting
- BBQ set (large electric hot plate << paid >>)
- Outdoor lights (3 units)
- Outdoor use (10 legs)
- Table (2 legs)
- TOTO Super Excellent Bus (Air Blow)
- Futon (10 pairs)
- Air conditioning
- gas stove
- Washlet toilet
- Drum type washer / dryer
- Bath towel
- Body Soap
- Toothpaste Set
- We do not provide nightgowns, skincare products, hairbrushes, razors, or shower caps, etc.
- Bed linen and pillowcases are not changed if you stay for consecutive nights.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the site.
- One Night for Two People 27,000 yen ~
- ※1Days Before Holidays
- One Night for Two People 29,000 yen ~
- *2Special Days
- One Night for Two People 31,000 yen ~
- Prices include tax.
- The price is for one unit for one night.
- When using the BBQ (large electric hot plate) there will be an additional cost of ¥500.
- There will be an additional charge of ¥2,100 for each child aged 6 to 12.
- If there are 10 or more people in your group, please contact us through the Inquiry Form.
*1 Fridays, Saturdays and days before public holidays.
*2 Firefly season
(This varies each year. Please see the Accommodation Plan page for details.), school holidays, Golden Week, Silver Week, end of year holidays, etc.
- From fourteen days
to nine days before
- 30% of accommodation charge
- From eight days to
four days before
- 50% of accommodation charge
- From three days to
one day before
- 80% of accommodation charge
- Same day
- 100% of accommodation charge
The kitchen is equipped with simple utensils, but is not suitable for serious cooking involving the use of oil.
Cooking with oil (including BBQ) indoors is strictly prohibited.
There are no facilities nearby that serve food so guests are expected to bring their own food or eat before arrival.
We also recommend that you bring breakfast for the following morning.
Guests are treated to rice (3 cups) produced in the terraced paddy fields of Kojio, which are famous for their fireflies, and ice blocks made from strawberries produced in Ukiha and Jersey milk with no additives. Please enjoy them during your stay.